The collaboration is part of Garnier’s Social and Corporate Responsibility program and the “Green Beauty” initiative. Through this partnership with the organization All For Blue, the brand is putting into practice its global strategy for a more environmentally sustainable future, as the main goal of All For Blue is the protection of the marine ecosystem.
In 2022 the Garnier – All For Blue partnership resulted in:
- the holding of five educational seminars to inform and raise awareness of more than 500 students in Chalkida and Oinousses.
- the removal of 230 kg of waste and over 5,500 cigarette butts from the shores and the seabed – in four coastal and corresponding underwater cleanings carried out with a zero environmental footprint protocol (zero waste) – in Porto Rafti, Saronida, Tinos, and Oinousses.
- In addition, in May 2022, All For Blue, sponsored by Garnier and with the assistance of One Breath Freediving, organized the first freediving school – of a series of training schools that will follow. New and old All For Blue volunteers were trained by Dimitris Koumoulos, Konstantinos Margetis and Katerina Topouzoglou and are now ready to continue the cleaning actions with the Organization underwater. The lessons took place in the municipal swimming pool of Alimos and in the sea, while the apprentices received official certification from Padi Aware.
A few words about All For Blue
All For Blue is a Greek environmental non-profit organization (NGO), with international actions, of a purely educational nature. Its purpose is to protect the marine ecosystem and inform about single-use plastics and ways to avoid them. Although it was legally established in 2017, the members of the All For Blue group have been present for more than 10 years in numerous actions related to the underwater and coastal cleaning of the seas at a global and national level.
All For Blue provides educational and experiential background to children and young people, cultivating an ecological consciousness and contributing to the “building” of a new generation with environmental consciousness and behavior.
Katerina Topouzoglou, founder of All For Blue emphasized that:
“Garnier’s support was a catalyst for us to achieve goals important to us, such as visiting the naval island of Oinousses as well as implementing the first free diving training program for young volunteers for our underwater cleanups – we are very grateful for the support and confidence in All For Blue”.
Additional Information about Garnier
Garnier’s Green Beauty initiative was launched in 2020 and is a strategic approach by the brand. Garnier, setting sustainability goals as part of its values, has already focused on changing the majority of its packaging to using recycled and recyclable plastic as well as FSC-certified cardboard packaging.
- The brand is now endorsed by the Leaping Bunny Program of Cruelty Free International, an organization with leadership and role model action in the fight to eliminate animal testing.
- This ensures that consumers can buy Garnier products with complete confidence, knowing that they meet the strict criteria of the Leaping Bunny programme.
- #1 natural brand in the world (Source: Euromonitor 2020).